Global Infrastructure Forum Panel Discussion on Infrastructure Project Preparation Post-COVID-19
7 octobre 2020
Multilateral development banks and project preparation facilities have a critical role to play in supporting government efforts to prepare sustainable and quality infrastructure pipelines that crowd in private investment. Quality project preparation—in line with global best practice—will be critical to help countries build back better in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinar will address:
- The state of play of the impact of COVID-19 on infrastructure across developing countries and, in particular, how upstream project preparation has been impacted;
- Impact on infrastructure PPPs due to invocation of contractual provisions on operational PPPs, cancellations, and other delays, looming fiscal constraints to the greater attention in more recent months to infrastructure as an enabler of green recovery;
- Impacts of COVID-19 on the private sector’s risk appetite going forward for emerging market infrastructure;
- The implications of COVID-19 on PPP structuring e.g. risk allocation. Will the private sector and the public sector need to reassess how they allocate risks?
- Lessons learned and best practices of project preparation that will help countries build bankable, sustainable and quality infrastructure pipelines that attract private investment amid changing private investment appetite for emerging market risks and in a fiscally constrained environment;
- How to support the development of economic infrastructure that enhances social services relevant to global shocks, health pandemics such as COVID 19;
- How to support the preparation of brownfield infrastructure to support elongation of the life of existing assets and ensure their sustainability (this as capital investments in new assets might face a slowdown due to the impact of the pandemic);
- How to scale up upstream infrastructure analytics to help countries to better understand the investment choices and decisions facing them, and to enable access to project preparation for development of sustainable infrastructure.
The webinar will feature the following speakers: Amadou Hott, Minister Economic Planning and Cooperation, Senegal; Jerome Jean Haegeli, Group Chief Economist and Managing Director, Swiss Re; and Dr. Srinivas Sampath, Chief of the Asian Development Bank’s PPP Thematic Group, and Solomon Quaynor, Vice President, Private Sector, Infrastructure & Industrialization of the African Development Bank.
The Panel Discussion is part of the Global Investment Forum taking place online October 6-8 across multiple time zones. Click here(le lien est externe) for the agenda and more information.