REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Development of the 2021 – 2025 Strategic Business Plan for the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (IPPF)
13 May 2020
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
INFRASTRUCTURE AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Infrastructure Partnerships Division (PICU3)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Development of the 2021 – 2025 Strategic Business Plan for the NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (IPPF)
1. The African Development Bank hereby invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Development of the 2021-2025 Strategic Business Plan for the NEPAD IPPF. The (NEPAD-IPPF) is a multi-donor Trust Fund established in 2005 and hosted by the African Development Bank (AfDB) supported by a number of Development Partners. The role of the NEPAD–IPPF Special Fund is to assist Regional Member Countries (RMCs), Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and related institutions to prepare high quality and viable regional/continental infrastructure projects in the energy, trans-boundary water resources management, transport, and ICT sectors, which makes them ready to seek financing from public and private sources. The Fund discharges its role through the financing of regional/continental infrastructure project preparatory activities, including advisory services, feasibility studies, detailed design, transaction structuring and support, as well as project related technical assistance and workshops. It gives priority to preparatory activities with a high probability of generating viable regional infrastructure projects that can secure financing from public and/or private sources or through a PPP.
2. The services to be provided under the Assignment include: The preparation of a Strategic document which points out the new orientation of the NEPAD IPPF based on the vision, mission, values, past performance and evaluations, past and new market trends, and recommendations from Oversight Committee and the Bank, etc. This implies the establishment and development of a 5 year strategic plan (2021-2025), to define strategic focus, the pillars and priority areas, operational effectiveness and results, resources mobilization and visibility, implementation plan and other key elements of strategic guidance for the NEPAD-IPPF Special Fund to enhance achievement of its mandate, goals and to position it as the project preparation fund of choice for quality and sustainable infrastructure project in the next ten years.
3. The Infrastructure Partnerships Division (PICU.3) invites Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested eligible Consulting Firms or associations of Consulting Firms shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (documentation, references for similar services, experience in comparable Assignments, availability of qualified staff, etc.).
4. The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in conformity with the Bank’s Procurement Policy and Procedures for Recruitment of Corporate Consultants. Please, note that interest expressed by a Consulting Firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include it in the shortlist.
5. The estimated duration of services is 6 Months and the estimated starting date is June 2020.
6. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during the Bank’s working hours: 09H00 to 17H00 GMT.
7. Expressions of interest must be received at the address below preferably by email no later than 20 May 2020 at 17H00 Abidjan local time and specifically mentioning: Development of the 2021-2025 Strategic Business Plan of the NEPAD IPPF
For the attention of:
Mr. Mike SALAWOU Division Manager
African Development Bank
Infrastructure Partnerships Division
BP 1387 Abidjan 01, Côte d’Ivoire, Tel: +225 20 26 30 77
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com