Project Preparation Facilities Network (PPFN)
About the PPFN
The Project Preparation Facilities Network (PPFN) is a network of funding facilities dedicated to sustainable infrastructure in Africa.
Members of the PPFN advocate for more financial resources for infrastructure project preparation and are committed to work together through information and data sharing about projects, case studies and best practice in governance
The PPFN was launched at a meeting hosted by the African Development Bank in Tunis in June 2014. Members of the PPFN are listed below.
Members of the PPFN usually meet twice each year. An annual meeting is held in October/November, usually to coincide with the ICA Annual Meeting, and members also get together annually for a “technical meeting”, usually in May or June.
Meeting in Johannesburg, South Africa, in June 2016, members of the PPFN agreed that focussing on two key objectives – information sharing & project collaboration and governance & business modelling – would serve to enhance co-financing and collaboration between funding facilities.
The meeting also agreed that the Secretariat of the PPFN should be held by a member of the Network and rotated every two years. The Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) offered to take on the Secretariat role for the next two years, and undertook to ‘champion’ the Network. The amended procedures and operational changes were adopted at the PPFN’s annual meeting in November 2016, held in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
The PPFN’s 2017 technical meeting took place in Durban, South Africa, on 2 May 2017 and the Annual Meeting will take place in Rome, Italy – in the margins of the ICA 2017 Annual Meeting – on 19/20 October 2017.
- African Development Fund - PPF
- African Water Facility
- Climate Resilient Infrastructure Development Facility (CRIDF)
- COMESA Project Preparation and Implementation Unit (PPIU)
- Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA)
- ECOWAS Projects Preparation and Development Unit
- EU-Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund
- Fund for African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA)
- NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF)
- NEPAD Business Foundation
- Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG)
- Public-Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility (PPIAF)
- Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa (SEFA)
- SADC Project Preparation and Development Facility
- Sustainable Infrastructure Foundation
- US Trade & Development Agency
- World Bank - Water and Sanitation Programme