Assessment of African Infrastructure Project Preparation Facilities - lessons learned and best practice
- Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA)
This study, commissioned by the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa, provides a detailed assessment of African Project Preparation Facilities (PPFs). The study assesses 19 PPFs currently focusing on project preparation in African countries, covering aspects such as:
- Their work and modus operandi;
- Best practice and lessons learned;
- Success factors and challenges faced;
- Current levels of information-sharing and networking;
- Current levels of resources available for PPFs as well as the financing gap.
The study makes a number of recommendations, primarily around the strengthening of the corporate governance of PPFs, enhancing their effectiveness, developing sustainable funding models and adopting best practice. The study further recommends greater levels of project information sharing and the development of common operational guidelines and capacity building programmes, all of which would improve both efficiency and financial performance.
- Publication date
- Document type
Categories: Energy, ICT, Transport, Water, Project Preparation, Capacity Building, Infrastructure Financing