ICA Attends PIDA Steering Committee Meeting
1 February 2014
February: 2014 As part of ICA’s role in the Institutional Architecture for Infrastructure Development in Africa (IAIDA), the ICA Secretariat participated in the 2014 first quarter, PIDA (Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa) Steering Committee meeting which took place in Johannesburg, South Africa convened by the NEPAD Coordination Authority (NPCA). Other participants at the meeting included the African Development Bank (AfDB), the AUC’s Infrastructure and Energy Department, the German International Cooperation Agency (GIZ) and the NPCA.
The meeting’s agenda centered on;
- Roadmap and activities towards implementation of AfDB’s PIDA Capacity Building Project and
- GIZ’s 2nd IAIDA Support Programme
- Update on the process to completion of the unbundling of PIDA-PAP (Priority Action Plan) projects and development of PIDA PAP Information Notes/Fiches
- Databases and Information Systems Strategy – Progress on the Virtual PIDA Information Centre (VPIC), the African Infrastructure Database (AID) and interfaces with the African Infrastructure Knowledge Programme (AIKP) formerly the African Infrastructure Country Diagnostic (AICD).
- PIDA PAP Financing Conference (Dakar Financing Summit).
The ICA Secretariat took advantage of its presence in South Africa to consult South African based development finance institutions --namely the Development Bank of South Africa (DBSA), Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and the Export Credit Insurance Company (ECIC) on the PIDA Financial Structuring Plan; which the ICA is the process of developing. The objective of the consultation meeting was to understand the mandate of the various development finance institutions and to request [where appropriate] their participation as peer reviewers for ICA’s work.
Category: ICA Meetings